Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cam's Going Away BBQ

This past weekend we held one last shindig to send Cam off to boot camp in style. We hosted almost 40 close friends and family for the beautiful sunny Saturday full of food and fun. We had some EPIC croquet matches, especially thanks to the anal rule-masters, Jason and Nick. There were also marathon badminton sets between the young and old. We even managed to find some time for a few hamburgers, hot dogs and yummy side dishes and desserts! We even had Cam's favorite cake: white buttermilk with sour cream chocolate frosting. Thanks for the recipe, Mom Anderson!!!

We also had a lot of fun playing "Bed & Breakfast" by hosting Cam's parents' and sister's family Saturday night. It was a great opportunity to spend a little more time with family and have a lovely large family breakfast on Sunday morning!

We feel so blessed to have so many loving friends and family. Cam definitely will be headed off to South Carolina in style! Thank you to all those who helped make this a memorable weekend!

Grandma & Alyssa lounging

The Dahls enjoying the sunshine!

Two men and a BBQ

Friendly (???) croquet game between brothers

Travis goes for the birdie

Tommy, the youngest party-goer


Ariele, Matt & Heather

~ Family photos ~




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cam and Kristy,
Thank you for a great weekend. You were an excellent host and hostess. Kristy thank you for your extra efforts in keeping everyone informed on your lives. Cam we are so very proud of you and your accomplishments. Kristy you are a wonderful daughter.
God Bless you both and keep you safe in His arms.
All Our Love, Mom and Bruce

Sabrina said...

I'm sad I missed the BBQ, but I'm glad I was able to spend a day with you both before Cam left.

Good luck!

Love,

Sabrina

Jason said...

What the heck? Did Cam change his clothes during the party? I guess he always was a bit of a fashion bug, wearing 2 different outfits on the same day at school (his regular clothes and his football gear).

I'm glad I found your blog. Ashlee and I have one too if you want to check it out:

ardfamily1.blogspot.com

Thanks for Cam's address.

Take Care,
Jason Ard

Kristy said...

Actualy, Cam's not quite THAT big of a prima donna. The outfits in question were sported on two seperate days.