Nothing too exciting has been happening in the Little World of the Smiths lately. Cam is still plugging away at Basic Training. I have been receiving letters pretty regularly, however almost everything in the letters is information we have shared in phone calls (and thus shared in my posts below). This weekend, Cam is participating in exercises (one last "camping trip") over several days and didn't expect to be able to call this afternoon. His upcoming two weeks will be the last few at Ft. Jackson and the soldiers will be cleaning up the barracks, turning in their gear and rifles and maybe get to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal this Thursday.
I'm still hanging in there here in Port Orchard. Work has been unusually busy lately which is good AND bad. Bad because people are screwing up royally and causing more work for everyone. But also good because a Busy Day means a Quick Day and allows me to rip one more day off my count-down list! 10 days until I leave for South Carolina and Cam's Basic Training Graduation!
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! I am most thankful for my family and friends and all the love and support you have shown these last few months! I pray that God will continue to bless you with many wonderful things this holiday season!
1 comment:
Are you in the "I'm trying to fit 5 days worth of work into three!" boat too? It's no fun. I don't think I sat down yesterday until 2.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment