Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Craft Projects GALORE!

In an effort to keep myself busy while Cam's away, I've been trying new hobbies and crafts.

First, I learned how to quilt this past fall and made three really cute "tv blanket-size" flannel quilts for my nieces and nephew for Christmas! (See the pictures below) Those were so much fun that I decided that I would use the same pattern as well as left over fabric to make 4 more flannel quilts for Project Linus. I have enough for 2 more boy quilts and 1 more girl quilt. The last quilt will be just a random mix of left over fabric squares I have. I also picked up a new pattern online as well as some additional cotton fabric for another Project Linus quilt.

Recently, I took a basic knitting skills class one evening after work. I learned how to cast on, knit and purl and I'm all excited to use my new skills for scarves (and possibly some baby quilts for Project Linus too!).

On top of all that, I have quite a few cross-stitching kits that I have picked up along the way that I need to finish. Thankfully, the girls at work and I spend our lunchtimes cross-stitching together, so that gives me the perfect excuse to work on these.

Whew! I'll be a busy girl, but I have at least 2 more months of alone time to accomplish it all. Pray that I'll make it and won't become some crazy hermit-Martha Stewart-wanna-be!

Andrew's Quilt

Serenity's Quilt

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'm a pretty awkward knitter, but we should attempt it one day together as a "girls day in" or something. Then I can give you an embarassingly ugly scarf and you can pretend to love it. :)

Ashlee said...

Those look so good! Way to be productive:)