
If you remember a few posts ago I mentioned that I've been trying new hobbies and crafts while Cam's away. Well, here's an update on my not-so-stellar progress!
First, I finished a nursing cover (AKA "Hooter Hider") in record time before my friend's, Jen, baby shower. Several of my other friends with babies use these and (being like my mother) each time I saw one, I tired to figure out how they were made. Then when Jen registered for one, I decided that I would make my own instead of coughing up the $30+ to buy one. I found a really easy to follow pattern online and marched off to the fabric store. I was a bargain shopper and got everything I needed on SALE! (My mother taught me well!) All in all, the cover took me a total of 2 hours and $7 dollars. I think Jen was pleased with it!

On the sewing front, I'm also continuing on with my Project Linus quilt projects. So far, I just have the first "girl" one done and have started on the first "boy" quilt.

Finally, I've been a baking fool this week! On Monday night, I made a cake for a Mardi Gras party at work on Tuesday. I had signed up to make a traditional King Cake, but ended up just substituting a chocolate bundt cake. The King Cake traditionally features a metal baby hidden within the cake, so I used a malted-milk egg hidden in the cake instead. The lucky coworker that found the egg was awarded the prize of a chocolate Easter bunny. It was a very yummy treat!
I haven't been a very busy girl lately, but I think I need to crank up the crazy Suzy Homemaker switch just a little in order to tackle all the projects I have lined up...
1 comment:
The cake looks awesome, and so does the quilt!
Post a Comment