
Shame on me!!! It's been far TOO long since I've updated this blog and I have no real excuse for not doing so. It's not like I've been overly busy these last few weeks...
Cam has been away at Ft. Sill, OK for the last 2 1/2 weeks, participating in BOLC II (Basic Officers' Learning Course - AKA Officers' Basic Training). So far he's VERY unimpressed with Ft. Sill and Lawton, OK area and said, "I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Ft. Bliss and El Paso!" (Guess the grass isn't always greener, huh?)
Compounding this new-found "homesickness", he's rather frustrated with the BOLC II training as it's all a repeat of stuff he did in Basic Training and OCS. It's mainly geared toward those soldiers coming out of ROTC and the Academy programs (who don't have to attend Basic Training OR OCS). He's also frustrated that he is one of the last classes that must complete this training as the Army is doing away with the course next year.
On a happier note, I'm going to OK to visit Cam this upcoming weekend! We've got a full schedule of things to do and see while we visit Oklahoma City and I'll post pictures as soon as I'm back. I've never been to OK, so I'm also excited to get it crossed off my list of visited states!
As for me, I've been keeping myself busy in El Paso by searching for a new job (STILL!). However, I'm finding that I like the freedom and free time I have as a housewife! I've almost completed my next Project Linus quilt and am eager to start on the next! I've also found that there are several activities that I would like to participate in, including a weekly Army wives Bible study on base and a "Sit & Sew" group that meets at a local fabric store! Plus, if I continue my daily work-out routine, I just might find that I have NO TIME whatsoever to waste on a job! Ha!
My make-shift sewing table in the middle of the living room
Boy Project Linus Quilt - Stage#1
No comments:
Post a Comment