Cam has discovered a new "hobby". About once a month, he competes in races in and around El Paso. The latest race on Nov. 7th was the 5th Annual 2009 Grape Race! It was sponsored by and took place at Zin Valley Vineyards in Anthony, TX (about 10 miles northwest of El Paso).
Cam ran the 8K race and improved his time by over 3 minutes. This may be attributed to his participation in the daily Running PT at Ft. Bliss for the last 3 weeks. He even completed 30 miles total (including this race) during that week!
For my first race EVER, I decided to take it easy and did the 1 mile "fun walk". While I walked faster than I thought I might, I am now more motivated to start training for the 5K run/walk coming up in December.
Following the race, the Vineyard supplied wine for tasting and PK Chang's provided a catered dinner. If only all the races had such incentives to finish!
Cam ran the 8K race and improved his time by over 3 minutes. This may be attributed to his participation in the daily Running PT at Ft. Bliss for the last 3 weeks. He even completed 30 miles total (including this race) during that week!
For my first race EVER, I decided to take it easy and did the 1 mile "fun walk". While I walked faster than I thought I might, I am now more motivated to start training for the 5K run/walk coming up in December.
Following the race, the Vineyard supplied wine for tasting and PK Chang's provided a catered dinner. If only all the races had such incentives to finish!
Pre-race Photo
Kristy crossing the finish line!
Cam crossing the finish line!
Cam had been participating in the Running PT for the last three weeks in order to train for the 10K Run Post Championship on Nov. 14th. The training proved to be beneficial again as he was able to maintain a less-than-9-minute mile pace during this race! Keep up the good work, Cam!
The BOLC III 2nd LTs that ran the 10K

No comments:
Post a Comment