Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baby Smith Update

Today marks the 32nd week of pregnancy and we're starting to count down the days until our due date: October 3rd. We still do not know the sex of the baby as Army medical only pays for one ultrasound ... unless there is something serious that needs to be checked out. So, we've resigned ourselves to be excited for it to be a surprise! (Plus, it's fun to see people's reactions when we tell them we don't/won't know!)

The nursery is slowly starting to come together. We agreed upon a decorating scheme (sage green, pale yellow and brown with Jungle Animals). We ordered posters of said Jungle Animals and now just need Hobby Lobby frames to go on sale. Our crib arrived this week (Thanks, Mom & Bruce!!!) and after Cam spent an hour this afternoon putting it together, the room actually looks and feels like a nursery.

I promised Cam's mother that I would document the assembly process, so I thought that I'd share with everyone else too!
Step 1: Open all the boxes and deal with mountains of Styrofoam

Step 2: Figure out which pieces are which

Step 3: Giggle at the number of "dummy" labels on each piece

Step 4: Get annoyed at the photographer documenting each step

Finished Product with the Proud Daddy


What did I do the whole time? I read the instructions, of course! (with a little help...)

Now that the nursery is nearly complete, I'm starting to feel the pressure to get all my baby-related sewing projects done. First up: a crib dust ruffle. I already have instructions and fabric, so I just need to find motivation to dive in and get it done!

I'm also being pestered for a "bump picture", so for all of you (you know who you are!), here's the little bump that's poked out from under all the "normal" chub:
,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing and lets us be a part of, especially when you are both so far away. Good job to both of you! If you hadn't done such a great job of reading Kristy, Cam might have struggle a little bit more! It looks great!

I love the profile! You look great Kristy! We will need another one in a month!

Love you both, Mom and Bruce

Chas said...

Dear Kristy and Cam,

I would think it would be fun for your baby to be a surprise! Boy or girl I know it will be very LOVED!
I love your nursery idea of green with Jungle animals. Very cute idea! Green is my Fav color! The crib is beautiful! Kristy you look beautiful too! I hope you have a wonderful week and I look forward to reading more! Take Care

Chastity

Sabrina said...

I love the crib! I can't wait to see the finished nursery!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't quit laughing at the picture of you and Athena. You always did have fun reading to dogs!

Love,
Mom Leber

Ashlee said...

So happy it's all coming together. Jungle theme will be fun! Baby is coming so soon. We're so excited for you!!!!!