
The day finally arrived! The Commissioning Formal day is finally here! (I think that I was more excited for it than Cam...)
Cam had to report on base early this morning. He spent the day practicing the graduation ceremony with his company. He also spent some of the morning reading Dr. Suess books to a class of local elementary school kids as part of his public service requirement. So I took the opportunity to take nap, get my nails done and get my hair "did". By the time Cam was finally released, it was time to head back to the hotel to get all dressed up.
The evening turned out to be very fun! Everyone was all dressed up and all the Candidates looked very handsome in their Class A's. Dinner was very yummy and I managed to not spill a THING on myself! (A huge feat to say the least!) Even the special guest/speaker, Navy Commander Todd Henricks gave a very impressive graduation speech. All in all, we had a good time and I hope that we have another opportunity to attend a formal event!

All spiffed up ... with somewhere to go!

A long shot of us looking good!
Cam with some of his platoon buddies
OCS Roommates, Kenny and Cam
No comments:
Post a Comment