After a VERY early and VERY bumpy flight, I made it to Ft. Benning, GA!!! Upon arrival, I found Cam packing up the entire contents of his two storage closets in the barracks into a duffel bag, two suitcases, a garment bag and HUGE plastic footlocker. While he packed, I got to meet several of his platoon-mates as they wandered past. His buddies all had very nice things to say about my Soldier! We then loaded up the rental car with all of his Army stuff and headed for the hotel.
In order to celebrate all the missed birthday, anniversary, and celebratory dinners from the last 6 months, we had a lovely steak dinner together before heading to a Mexican restaurant for a platoon karaoke gathering. I wasn't brave enough to sing, but Cam jumped up there a couple times! A fun time was had by all and I got to meet several more of the platoon. There were also plenty of stories from their time in OCS.
I'm sure that tomorrow will be full of all kinds of adventures. Check back to find out...
Cam and some of his platoon belting out the tunes!
No comments:
Post a Comment