Sunday, August 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

After 7 looooooooong weeks of increasing tedium, Cam finally finished BOLC II at Ft. Sill, OK on Friday, August 21st. Since I already knew how the drive home could get a little boring by oneself, I decided that it would be best if we made the trip together. So, as a "surprise", I flew up to Lawton, OK that morning in order to make the 9+ hour drive home to El Paso, TX with him. My sweet hubby was waiting patiently at the airport when I arrived with some beautiful flowers (in my favorite color!). After stopping for a little lunch and one last good-bye to Oklahoma, we headed out on our road trip!


We really enjoyed our drive home as it gave us the opportunity to reconnect, share stories of our activities for the last 4 weeks and verbally abuse the terrible New Mexican and Mexican drivers we passed along the way!!!

While BOLC II wasn't exactly what Cam had hoped for, it did make him appreciate the El Paso area and the time he spent in Officer Candidate School. He begins BOLC III (Air Defense job training) Monday, August 31st at Ft. Bliss and is looking forward to all the new stuff he gets to learn! He is scheduled to remain at Ft. Bliss throughout this training (August through December) and doesn't expect to leave again until his new unit deploys ... whenever that may be.

Eyes on the road


Not quite home, but at least the right state!

No comments: