Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby Smith Update

Some random updates on the Baby Smith area of our lives (and I'm allowed random thoughts/blog posts, right? Just chalk them up to pregnancy hormones!!!)

Ever since we "officially" announced the pregnancy, I've been dying to do some baby shopping. It's always so much fun to do it for all my friends' kids that it was finally time for me to do some for me! As always, Cam was the voice of reason and helped calm my cravings to spend money...until we made a trip to Clothing & Sales.

My brother, Tim, called from Afghanistan requesting additional bladders for his Camelback so we set off to Post to purchase them for him. While we were there, I decided it was finally time to pick up one of these CUTE bibs I've been eyeing since last September. After that, my shopping appetite was quenched ... for now!


On our last visit to the doctor, the nurse/midwife whipped out the portable ultrasound machine to help us better determine the age of the baby. While the machine was on, we watched Baby Billy Bob (AKA William Robert, as Cam affectionately refers to him/her) wiggle around, saw his/her head, an arm, a leg, spine and ribs. We also listened to the heartbeat which was an emotional event for me... I'd waited so long and watched so many TV shows where others got to experience that, I could hardly believe it was my turn!!! Anyway, the baby is doing well and we are scheduled for our "official" ultrasound in two weeks. Until then, here's a blurry 1st photo of Billy Bob:

No comments: