Sunday, May 23, 2010

More Craftiness

I've remained busy these last few weeks trying to finish up all the half-started projects that have been cluttering our office/craft room/soon-to-be guest room. I've promised myself that before I get to start on anything fun and/or new, I needed to get everything else waiting in the wings done.

First up, I finished a couple quilts that had the tops done, but needed sandwiched and quilted:


I then attempted to finish quilting and binding a super cute baby blanket for a friend. She was moving to Austin and unloaded a bunch of unfinished projects on several ladies in our sewing group before she left. My goal was to free-motion (AKA "meander") quilt. I had practiced the technique before, but it never turned out well. So, I decided just to suck it up and try it on a real project, hoping against hope that I wouldn't ruin her beautiful work.

Finally, one morning I was up WAAAAY before I should have been (I had even beaten Cam up for PT) and decided that I needed some new jewelry to wear to that afternoon's Officer Spouses Association monthly luncheon. I had beads sitting in the craft closet, bought ... of course ... when they were on sale MONTHS ago. I fashioned a cute little pair of earrings, a necklace and two bracelets out of my stash.
I still have a few more projects to work on, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Plus, I have some ACU tops purchased at the Thrift Shop staring, taunting me to finish so that I can cut them to shreds and make a cute "Army Brat" diaper bag!

No comments: