While Cam was busy painting to his hearts content (...and then some!), I was tucked up in the Office/Craft/Guest Room sewing my little heart out. I've had several UFOs (Unfinished Objects) sitting around for months and decided I need to clear off my sewing table in order to get a birthday present done for my mother-in-law. First up, a rescued quilt from the March Project Linus meeting. I've been helping sort and bag the donated quilts each month with a bunch of other ladies, all of whom only knit or crochet. We ran across one quilt that was poorly binded and it was sent home with me to be fixed. Once I had the binding off, I discovered that the whole thing was a mess. The top was not square, the backing was too small for the top and the binding was a disaster! Needless to say, I spent a few hours trimming the top, quilting the top to new backing material and then binding it with new binding material. I was so disgusted by the end of it, I didn't bother taking a picture.
But ... after all that ... it whetted my appetite for more quilt-sewing. I finished up a Heart Quilt that I started in January and intended to complete in time for the February Project Linus meeting. I also finished a not-so-"quick" strip quilt pattern that I had picked up fabric for and had cut out months ago.
After all those were complete, I started in on an apron and potholders for Dianne's birthday present. While there were some minor complications with the potholder manufacturing (i.e. I made them WAAAAAAY too big on the first go-around!), 1) I managed to finish in time for the mail, 2) they turned out super cute, I and 3) I think my mother-in-law liked them.
So, I'm onto more UFOs, but at least the pile is a little smaller now!
2 comments:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the apron you made. Its really cute!! :)
Okay, I'm so impressed! I'm not patient enough to sew that often. But I DID make my boys' crib bedding before Braydon was born. At the time I couldn't find anything khaki/blue that wasn't cheesy (now there are more options)...so I got my own fabric.
I'm curious to know if you are going to make your child's bedding???
Post a Comment